Estates and Personal
Patrimonial law, family law and inheritance law
Our Estates and Personal practice involves lawyers who are specialized in estates planning and trusts, family law, inheritance law, family litigation and dispute resolutions and taxation. We provide comprehensive and individualized advice to individuals and families, family offices, trustees and foundations, with a global approach, both legal and fiscal, domestic and cross-border.
We are committed to a long-term relationship with our clients, whom we assist at every stage of life or events involving personal and estate planning issues.
Our areas of expertise:
- Filiation, possession of status and parenthood
- Amicable divorce and litigation;
- International Divorce
- Compensatory benefit: estimation of the compensatory benefit, strategy to preserve the assets
- Amicable or judicial liquidation of the matrimonial regime: claims between spouses, rewards, simulations of liquidation and partition;
- Separation out of wedlock: implications for children and property
- Pre- and post-nuptial contracts
- Forced heirship rights
- Amicable settlement of a succession: determination of the composition of the succession, valuation of the assets, declaration of succession
- Dispute resolution and litigation: estate executor and administration of assets, revocation of gifts, etc
- Amicable or judicial allocation of estate assets
- Amicable or judicial exit from joint ownerships and partnerships
- Estate planning
- Generation skipping tax
- Trusts, donations and intergenerational transfers of financial, commercial, real estate and assets and art
Need legal support, advice or litigation?
Need a contact, a quote?
Legal 500 paris 2020 Tax Law: group 5
At Ginestié Magellan Paley-Vincent, Brigitte Berdugo advises companies, family groups, and investment funds during mergers and acquisitions or tax reorganization transactions. The firm's expertise also covers wealth taxation through Madeleine Fabre who assists family offices and a private clientele, in particular for the management of trust issues. Litigation is also taken care of.
Ranking 2022 - Asset management - Taxation of assets
Excellent: Philippe Ginestié, Brigitte Berdugo, Madeleine Fabre
Ranking 2022 - Wealth taxation: regularization and litigation
Strong notoriety: Philippe Ginestié, Brigitte Berdugo, Madeleine Fabre