If the lawyer was an animal, or a plant which one would it be ?
The owl, guide in the darkness, symbol of wisdom and knowledge
The definition of law in 10 words maximum
The bulwark against arbitrariness
The first virtue of a lawyer
The worst vice of a lawyer
Your main strength
Your main weakness
The strength you value most in others
The weakness that bother you most in others
Your job if you had not been a lawyer
Your passions outside of your work
In Chinese, the word crisis is made up of two characters. One is the danger. The other the opportunity.
Best use of your time off
Director of the Intellectual Property and Compliance department and of the Hong Kong office
Practices : Business law/Intellectual property/Personal data protection
Bar Association : Paris
Professional languages : English, French
Specific knowledge : International operations involving China and Hong Kong, expertise in intellectual property in the Metaverse, Data Protection Officer training
Examples of recent operations: :
- Advising an international Hong-Kong based hotel group in connection with a restructuring;
- audit of a Hong Kong group specializing in ready-to-wear for a French buyer
- Assisting a client specializing in new technologies in the context of an on-site CNIL inspection and the associated procedure;
- Audit and compliance of an international transport group;
- Assisting a client specializing in financial products with the management of its trademark portfolio and filing strategies related to NFT and Metaverse;
- Negotiation and drafting of assignment of audiovisual contracts for an international group specializing in advertising.
Marine Vanhoucke is a French lawyer, expert in business law and intellectual property.
After overseeing the Hong Kong office for more than 8 years, Marine Vanhoucke is now based in the Paris office where she heads the Intellectual Property and Compliance department.
She has extensive experience in the protection of trademarks and artistic creations and is interested in the new legal issues related to the development of NFTs and Metaverse.
She also assists her clients in protecting their personal data and in the compliance of their companies.
Finally, because of her international experience, she continues to assist French companies in their establishment and growth in Asia with the support of the Hong Kong lawyers of the partner firm Oldham Li & Nie and the Paris office.
With a Master 1 in business law from the University of Panthéon Sorbonne (Paris 1) and a Master 2 in intellectual property law from the University of Panthéon Assas (Paris 2), Marine joined the firm in 2015.
- Registered Foreign Lawyer- Law Society of Hong Kong
- Chair of the Legal Committee of the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Hong Kong
- Member of Women in Law - Hong Kong
2024 - Privacy and Data Security Law: Marine Vanhoucke