If the lawyer was an animal, or a plant which one would it be ?
The definition of law in 10 words maximum
One’s personal freedom ends where another’s begins
The first virtue of a lawyer
The worst vice of a lawyer
Your main strength
Your main weakness
The strength you value most in others
A good sense of humour
The weakness that bother you most in others
Your job if you had not been a lawyer
Your passions outside of work
Sports and music
"I never lose - I either win or learn" - Nelson Mandela
My wife and my four children
Best use of your time off
Dinners and parties with friends, family, in-laws
Bar Association : Paris (since 1992)
Professional languages : English, French
Main areas of intervention : Corporate, sports law
Specific knowledge : International M&A, sports industry, international contracts, commercial law, Canadian investments in France, lobbying
JEAN-BAPTISTE GUILLOT IS A PARTNER OF THE FIRM SINCE 2020
Jean-Baptiste Guillot handles mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, commercial law, company law and contract law matters, with a particular focus on international transactions for Canadian, British and French companies.
In addition, Jean-Baptiste Guillot is the founder and head of the firm’s sports law department. He is recognized as one of the leading experts in sports law in France by several international and national guides and publications. He represents a number of leading clubs and businesses in the sports industry.
Jean-Baptiste Guillot also has significant expertise in lobbying, and helps his clients to have valuable input into the legislative and regulatory environment governing their activities.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Jean-Baptiste Guillot spent seven years as a lawyer with leading North American law firms (White & Case LLP, Stikeman Elliott LLP) before joining Reinhart Marville Torre as partner of the corporate and sports law practice teams (1997 to 2020).
From late 1996 to 2010, Jean-Baptiste Guillot was also the European partner of the international Canadian firm Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP.
A lawyer at the Paris Bar, Jean-Baptiste Guillot holds a LLM degree (Master of International Law) from McGill University, Montreal, Canada, as well as postgraduate degrees in business law (Paris V Descartes University) and comparative law (Paris II Panthéon-Assas University). He holds French and Swiss citizenship.
- Vice-President and Member of the Executive Committee of the France-Canada Chamber of Commerce since 2002
- Founding member of the France-Canada Investment Forum of the Canadian Embassy in France
- Member of the French Sports Lawyers Association and the association for reform of French sports law "Rénovons le Sport Français"
Jean Baptiste has authored many articles in leading law journals. He has also contributed to the drafting of French law and public reports at the request of the French Government.
Some examples :
- E-sport: a real sport discipline? , La Semaine Juridique - Entreprise et Affaires n°41 (October 2016)
- "Recent legal reforms to promote the sports economy " , La Semaine Juridique - Entreprise et Affaires n°10 (March 2016)
- Drafting of the "Guillot Report" published on XNUMX January XNUMX on “The tools available to French professional football clubs to optimize their competitiveness”. This report was commissioned by the French Minister for Youth, Sports and Associations.
2021 and recognized each year since 2012 in the field of sports law
2015 and 2016: French Sports Lawyer of the Year: Jean-Baptiste Guillot
2019 – Media & Entertainment – Sports Law
Leading practice: Jean-Baptiste Guillot
2019 – Mergers and Acquisitions – Transactions < 75M€
Excellent: Jean-Baptiste Guillot
2019 – Media & Entertainment – Gambling and online betting
Highly recognized: Jean-Baptiste Guillot
LEGAL 500 PARIS 2019
Sports & Entertainment – Tier 2: Jean-Baptiste Guillot